Sunday, July 24, 2005

Blast from the Past!

What a welcome surprise when I received an email from Classmates.com from an old friend. Out of curiosity, I purchased the three month membership. It was Mary from Dayton! My siblings and I used to play at her house across the street from my Grandma's. I think the time frame was when I was between 5-10 years old.

Grandma and Grandpa Crider were a little scary to me as I grew up. They were super religious - Pentecostal. Going to church on Sunday was spooky with folks talking in tongues. Instead of absorbing the lifestyle, I simply studied it. Later in life, I expanded my studies of religion to include world religion. Personally, I'm not a follower of any faith, but I don't mind another practicing a belief to better their life choices.

It looks like Mary and I have come along way in life, since Dayton, Indiana. We took different paths, but it seems the common theme was both her and I returned back to school to further our education after many years. I'm a firm believer of continuing education. It was nice to hear from you Mary! I can't wait to hear from you again. You were always so nice to me.

No comments: