Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Bad Omen


I have known tmosher for well over a year via the Internet. I recently met him in person over Labor Day weekend while attending the Star Party near Texarkana. I was exhausted from the first day of the trip through to the weekend.

I had left directly from work, flew to Texas, and drove to Arkansas. I hadn’t slept in close to 36 hours by the time my head hit the pillow. I returned to Chicago with strep throat.

The strep throat symptoms were:
1. red and white patches in the throat
2. difficulty swallowing
3. tender or swollen glands (lymph nodes) in the neck
4. red and enlarged tonsils
5. headache
6. lower stomach pain
7. fever
8. general discomfort, uneasiness, or ill feeling
9. loss of appetite and nausea
10. rash

tmosher’s recent visit to Chicago brought on another illness. After dinner on Friday night, I suddenly came down with an allergic reaction from something I ate, drank, or inhaled. I’m not exactly sure how allergies development. I’ve never been allergic to anything before.

My symptoms this time where:
1. Skin - Redness, itching, swelling, rash, or hives (itchy bumps)
2. Lungs - Wheezing, tightness, cough, or shortness of breath
3. Head - Swelling of the face, eyelids, and lips; headache
4. Nose - Stuffy nose, runny nose (clear, thin discharge), sneezing
5. Eyes - Red (bloodshot), itchy, swollen, or watery
6. Stomach - Pain and nausea

I think it’s best to avoid tmosher in the future! Sorry, tmosher, but I have now associated you with feeling ill. ;)

No comments: