Monday, November 28, 2005

Lovells of Lake Forest




ToSeek and I went to Lovells of Lake Forest for a classic full service restaurant located in the heart of West Lake Forest. It was fabulous!

"Throughout the French provincial structure, you will find a traditional interior with space artifacts from Captain James Lovell, Jr.

Upon entering the main lobby you are greeted by the mural of the famous "Steeds of Apollo" gifted to Captain Lovell by his friend Tom Hanks. With this beautiful mural as a backdrop, you can enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres while awaiting your table. Dining at the bar is always available."

The meal and service was excellent. ToSeek and I later went down to the bar area. I went over to give my thanks to the Chef, only to learn he was the son of Captain James Lovell. Well, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to sit with the charming man. I believe I stuck my foot in my mouth a few times, but "Junior" was so down to earth that I just didn't care.

Thank you both for a great time in this big old Chicago!

Stay tuned for information about returning to school to obtain my Masters and my trip to St Louis (December 2-4).

No comments: